The purpose of the Trinity Lutheran School dress code is to promote a sense of community among our students, as well as a sense of pride in oneself and in our school.
Shirts, Sweaters and Pullovers
- Long or short sleeve turtlenecks, polo style or collared shirts in any solid color.
- Logos (other than TLS) should not be larger than a quarter.
- Sweatshirts, sweaters, and fleece jackets in solid color may be worn with a collared shirt or turtleneck underneath. Outerwear should be removed upon entering the classroom.
- Hooded sweatshirts and sweaters are not permitted with the exception of the 8th grade class sweatshirt.
- Shirts should be tucked in at all times, with no midriff showing.
- Tailored pants or shorts/skorts/capris that are sized appropriately. Pants should fit appropriately.
- Shorts and skorts should be no shorter than 2 inches above the knee.
- Solid colored pants in khaki, navy, black, or hunter green.
- Jean-style pants of any color are allowed on TAG days only.
- Shoes should fit securely on the foot and should fasten around the rear of the foot.
- Athletic sneakers must be worn for PE.
Tights & Leggings
- Tights and Leggings may be worn under skirts, dresses, and jumpers. They should be a solid color: white, hunter green, navy or black.
- Belts should be worn with any garment that has belt loops. Belts and buckles should be appropriate and not distract from the learning environment.
Hair and General Appearance
- Hair should be colored and styled to appear natural.
- Boys’ hair should be cut above the shirt collar in the back and no longer than mid-ear on the sides. Hair should be out of the student’s eyes to facilitate learning.
- Girl’s jewelry and makeup should be tasteful, age appropriate, and not distracting from the learning environment. Boys are not permitted to wear earrings or other piercing adornments.
Spirit Day Attire
- Fridays have been designated as school spirit days.
- Students may wear TLS Spirit wear. Shirts should be tucked in.
- School sponsored tattoos may be worn on spirit days and at games.
- Jeans are not permitted on TLS Spirit days.
TAG Day Attire
- TAG Day is a charity fundraising day where a charity is “tagged” for a donation.
- TAG Day donation is $2.00 and is paid through Smart Tuition.
- School appropriate t-shirts and jeans are permitted.
- Shirts may be left untucked.
- Students may wear shorts that are school-appropriate (denim, uniform, etc.).
- Anyone choosing not to participate in a TAG Day should follow the regular dress code.